Wednesday, February 29, 2012

It's Late on a February night...

<3 Love <3
February is one of my favorite months -and this one has been one of the best. February 2009 is still my favorite February though <3

I feel like this month has been a perfect mix of balancing fun dates with Rob and fun family time with both the boys. For Father's Day, I bought Rob tickets to Book of Mormon and the first show we could get was the first weekend in February. My parents came down and spent the day with Matthew and Rob and I went to the show and then dinner at Chez Jacqueline - (yay Groupon!). It was unseasonably warm for a February in New York, so we walked all over the city. It was very fun and wonderful to spend the whole day with Rob. The day also made us excited to take Matthew in for more trips to the city in the spring and summer!

Valentine's Day 2012
For Valentine's Day, for the 9th year in a row, we celebrated with dinner at Friendly's. I understand that Friendly's is not the most traditional "romantic" Valentine's Day restaurant, but our tradition started in 2004, after we celebrated Valentine's Day the night before at a fancy restaurant. We figured that all the other restaurants would be crowded on Valentine's Day night and we had no wait at Friendly's :). We decided to make it a tradition, and this year we brought Matthew with us too. He sat in the highchair like a big boy, ate off the kids menu and even got a balloon when we left. I'm so lucky to have had two handsome dates on Valentine's Day!


Brrrr!
To celebrate our third anniversary, we took the day off to spend together. We drove out to the "East End", hit up two vineyards, had lunch in East Hampton and even walked on the beach (I was able to check another item off my "30 Before 30 list"). We picked Matthew up and went for a family dinner to Cheesecake Factory. Matthew wore his tuxedo shirt and it was adorable! He was very well behaved and we had a nice dinner. It was the perfect anniversary!! Rob also made a slideshow of photos for me...needless to say, lots of tears were shed<3.
3 Year Anniversary

I've loved this month, and there is lots to look forward to in the coming months too! Life is SO good! :)

PS - very few people will understand the title of this post but a big shout out to the Becky Make Believe boys :)

No comments:

Post a Comment