Friday, May 4, 2012

"One More" Time

"one more" in use in the bath
Matthew does and says the cutest things and he is learning so many new words every day. He is also learning how to wrap Mommy and Daddy right around those tiny little fingers of his. With one simple phrase....he can get pretty get much whatever he wants. That phrase is "one more". It works in many different situations, but the most common uses are at bath time, bed time and drop off in the morning. It started with saying it after one round of "Itsy Bitsy Spider". He puts his index finger to make the one sign and puts it near his mouth and quietly says "one more". We melt and sing it again...every time. I think the record has been five times singing it. For a while, this was the only time he used the "one more" trick. Then he learned if he said it after our nightly I love you/tickle routine, he would get more tickles. In the bath he loves to fill his blue bucket up from the running water and pour it over himself. Last week, I refilled the bath three times because it's just so darn cute when the bath has drained and he's sitting there with his empty bowl and he says "one more" and looks at the faucet. He got ten extra bath minutes from Daddy this week too using his "one more" trick. 


It comes in handy at storytime too. "One more" has worked in Matthew's favor and I think the record is eight stories at bedtime. Yesterday morning he climbed into bed with me in the morning and after one reading of "Baseball 1,2,3", we read it "one more" time twice. I have to say my favorite "one more" moments come when I drop him off at school. After I get his things settled and give a big hug and kiss, he walks away for a minute then comes running back shouting "one more" and we hug again...and usually again...and again...


I just can't help it...I will give in every time to those two tiny words coming out of that adorable little mouth!

"One More Time"

No comments:

Post a Comment