Sunday, June 3, 2012

Recipe #11 - Avocado chicken salad!

I found this recipe on Pinterest and thought it sounded great. I have made shredded chicken in the crock pot twice in the last couple weeks and decided to try it today. The original recipe didn't have measurements, and I would adjust them a bit next time. I would use an additional avocado and chop the cilantro a little finer, but for the first try - I was very impressed! You could make and shred the chicken another way, but this is a SUPER easy recipe.


Avocado Chicken Salad

  • 5 boneless, skinless chicken thighs 
  • 1 medium onion quartered 
  • 2 celery stalks 
  • 2 cups of chicken broth 
  • 1 avocado 
  • juice of one lime
  • 1 TBSP mayonaise
  • 1/4 cup of cilantro 
  • sprinkle of salt and pepper
Place the chicken, onion and celery in a crock pot. Cover with chicken broth and cook on high for 4 hours. Shred the chicken and cool. Combine chicken, avocado, lime juice, mayo and cilantro and sprinkle in salt and pepper. Mix together to combine. I served on a multigrain sandwich thin and american cheese and a side salad. Definitely a great, easy and healthy summer recipe I would try again! (Sorry, I forgot to take pictures...) This amount of chicken made enough for four - five sandwiches. 

No comments:

Post a Comment