Sunday, September 18, 2011

La La La La Lasagna

I checked #4 off my 30 Before 30 List "Make a Lasagna" today. This was one of the first things that was put onto the list. I have not liked lasagna since I can remember, probably since I was 6 or 7. I didn't try it for probably over ten years, and then once at UMass, I tried it again and again did not like it. I recently tried it again after another 5 or 6 years and again did not like it. I was always under the assumption it was the ricotta cheese that I did not like, so I found a recipe that does not use ricotta but mozzarella and parmesan cheese instead. Instead of jarred sauce, I made a batch of my Papa Tony's sauce. In theory, I should have liked the lasagna - the sauce was amazing, the meat mixture was great, the cheese was awesome and I thought I liked all kind of pasta. After spending four hours making the lasagna between making the sauce from scratch, cooking the noodles, preparing the meat mixture and assembling the lasagna, I still didn't like it. I think maybe it's the texture of the noodles or something because I liked the taste of everything separately, but put together, I was not a fan. On the other hand, Rob said it was a success and he has his share of lasagna in his lifetime so I take his word for it. I guess I'm just destined to not like lasagna. You would think with a maiden name of Govoni, I would have to like lasagna...but I fear it will never happen. I don't regret making it, because I wanted to try it and Rob did like it and I have to work two nights this week, so now he has dinner :)



Lasagna - 9/18/11
Today's blog title is from Weird Al

No comments:

Post a Comment