Sunday, January 1, 2012

"Whisper Words of Wisdom...Let it Be" - 30 Before 30 List Update

Jackie's 30 Before 30 List:
  1. Visit a zoo in New York
  2. Run a 5K
  3. Hold my son’s hand as he walks by himself
  4. Make a lasagna
  5. Cheer on my husband as he receives his MBA
  6. Visit the Met
  7. Drink a Long Island Iced Tea on Long Island
  8. Take a tour of the Brooklyn brewery
  9. Walk on the beach in the Hamptons
  10. Create a new blog to record memories
  11. Try 30 new recipes and blog about each one (2/30 completed)
  12. Eat real sushi
  13. Watch all the Harry Potter movies again in order (1/8 completed)
  14. Complete 100 consecutive push ups
  15. Watch “Casablanca” and “Gone with the Wind”
  16. Ride the carousel in Central Park
  17. Ride the feris wheel at Coney Island
  18. Try a wine from each of the 50 states (8/50 completed - CA, CT, MA, NC, NY, OR, SC, WA)
  19. Complete a crossword puzzle
  20. Take a tour of Fenway Park
  21. Listen to all of Pearl Jam’s studio albums in entirety
  22. See at least 3 more Broadway shows (1/3 completed - Wicked)
  23. Complete 3 scrapbooks (1/3 completed)
  24. Sample cupcakes from Sprinkles, Magnolias and Carlo’s bakeries (1/3 complete)
  25. Ride on a motorcycle
  26. Buy myself a pair of kickass heels
  27. Try a spinning class
  28. See a plastic surgeon about the age spot on my cheek
  29. Go to dinner with all my siblings, just the 4 of us
  30. Read/reread 3 novels from high school English class.
I have some work to do in the next 10 months, but I am confident that I'll finish the list. The wine from every state is proving to be a challenge, but I'm working on it!

I must say 2012 is off to a FANTASTIC start! I rang in the New Year with a kiss from my wonderful husband and got to sleep in until 8:30am. When I got up, I went to lay on the couch and Matthew walked over to me with some books and put his arms up to climb up on me to cuddle and read. It's not often these days (except at bed time when he's enjoying his last warm bottle of milk), when he likes to just sit quietly and read. Usually he will bring a book over and then stand and dance or play with other toys as we read to him. So even though it lasted probably two minutes, it was a fantastic two minutes! The rest of the day (and pretty much the entire week since Christmas) consisted of being lazy, watching football and playing with Matthew. I was proud to get a run in though and got to use lots of Christmas gifts in the process. I got new running shoes, pants, shirts, gloves, socks and headphones. It was a great Christmas :)

I made a few resolutions this year - to run at least three times a week, drink at least 8 glasses of water each day and take a vitamin each day. I started training in May and ran two 5Ks this fall/winter and I'm looking forward to completing more and setting some personal records beginning in the spring. I don't have a distance goal, but the longest distance I've run is a 5K so I want to increase mileage as well.

2012 will consist of a lot of exciting things and I look forward to every one of them!!

Happy New Year!

Today's lyric choice was inspired by Justin Bieber's performance last night. I know, I know...I'm probably in the minority thinking it was good and Beatles fans are probably upset. But I liked it.

1 comment:

  1. You can fulfill #25 with your father-in-law's help! :)

    ReplyDelete