Tuesday, September 11, 2012

A Lasagna I will eat!! Creamy White Chicken & Artichoke Lasagna

If you have read my past post, you will know that lasagna and I have a long standing history. I don't like it, it keeps trying to rejoin my life. After I made a lasagna last year with no ricotta, I just decided to give up. A few months go I joined Pinterest and found a recipe for Creamy White Chicken and Artichoke Lasagna. It seemed more like artichoke dip than lasagna. A couple weeks ago I made it for the fam and it was a big hit! I forgot to take pictures but I will make it again and take some pics. I made a few changes from the original recipe. Here you go!
Creamy White Chicken & Artichoke Lasagna
  • 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts
  • 1 medium onion quartered
  • 2 celery stalks
  • 2 cups of chicken broth 
  • 1 14 oz can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
  • 1 8 oz package of reduced fat mozzarella cheese
  • 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
  • 2 packages of cream cheese, softened 
  • 1 cup of milk 
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/4 cup basil 
  • 12 lasagna noodles 
Place the chicken, onion and celery in a crock pot. Cover with chicken broth and cook on high for 4 hours. Shred the chicken and cool. Combine chicken, artichokes, 1 cup mozzarella, Parmesan and tomatoes. Beat cream cheese, milk and garlic powder with mixer until well blended; stir in 2 Tbsp. basil. Mix half with the chicken mixture. Spread half the remaining cream cheese mixture onto bottom of 13x9-inch baking dish; cover with 3 noodles and 1/3 of the chicken mixture. Repeat layers of noodles and chicken mixture twice. Top with remaining noodles, cream cheese mixture and mozzarella; cover with tin foil sprayed with cooking spray. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 min. or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining basil. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment